Trials and Temptations’---James 1:2
Temptations are what we might call holy trials or problems which are sent from God, and which test the reality of our faith and produce likeness to Jesus. On the other hand there are unholy temptations which come from within and which lead to sin.
The Christian life is filled with problems. They come uninvited and unexpected. Sometimes they come singly and sometimes in droves.
- What are we going to do about the trails? And with what type of attitude should we have? There are (Several different attitudes we might face, and they are listed below.
- We can rebel against them, by adopting a spirit of defiance, boasting that we can do it on our own power. We can handle anything.
- We can lose heart and give up under pressure. Faint; go into depression, and oppression.
- We can grumble and complain about our troubles.
- We can indulge in self in self-pity, thinking of no one but ourselves, and trying to get sympathy from others, drink alcohol, dope.
- Or we can say, in effect, “God has some good purpose in it for me. I don’t know what that purpose is, but I’ll try to find out.
- I want His purpose to be worked out in my life”.
James 1:2, count it all joy.
- Don’t rebel! Don’t faint! Rejoice, count it all Joy.
- These problems are not enemies, bent on destroying you. They are friends which come to aid you to develop Christian character.
- God wants to produce Christlikeness in each of His children.
- This process necessarily involves suffering, frustration, and perplexity.
- The fruit of the Spirit cannot be produced when all is sunshine; there must be rain and dark clouds.
- Trails are never pleasant; they can be difficult and disagreeable.
- Let’s look at Hebrews 12:11. Discipline seems painful. But it yields fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
- James 1:3 testing of your faith.
Is your faith genuine?
- Have you gone through the fires of persecution, sickness, suffering, or sorrow?
Problems are the price of progress.
- James 1:4 consult the Lord as to His purpose in any matter you face, be patience, instead of running after shortcuts.
- We must learn maturity in Jesus Christ.
||12:40pm - 2:00pm
|Youth Service and Nursery
|Bible Study - Men & Women at Shelter
|Bible Service - Springs Rescue Mission
|Bible Study CMRC Correctional Facility Pastor Bill
|Bible Study - Pastor William Chancy
|Food Pantry & Clothes Give Away
||1pm - 3pm
|Serve Lunch at R.J. Montgomery Shelter
||1st & 4th Saturday
|Worship on the Sabbath
|Men's Prison Service at Correctional Facility (CMRC)
|Bible Study (English & Spanish)